British Columbia Dental Technician Schools.
Dental technician schools in British Columbia offer certificate and degree programs that provide the necessary skills and techniques for students to achieve employment as a dental technician. Dental technicians typically achieve employment after graduation at a dental lab creating crowns, bridges, dentures and standard devices used on teeth. Precision and patience are required skills of a dental technician and courses designed to emphasize these skills are offered in a dental technician program. Some larger dental offices employ dental technicians in their own laboratories. The growth rate for jobs in the dental tech field is steadily increasing and should continue through the year 2018.
List of Schools Offering Dental Technician Programs in British Columbia
- Provides students the opportunity to train at home in their spare time to get their high school diploma, train for a new career, or enhance current skills.
- Offers programs in psychology/social work, business management, medical billing, criminal justice, and more.
- Member of the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA), the Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIE), and the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE).
- Features a fully flexible schedule with no classes to attend, leaving the study pace up to the student.
- Online Courses
- Provides lifetime career search assistance for all graduates.
- Engages in partnerships with numerous organizations, such as the Portland Hotel Society, Provincial Outreach Program for Autism and Related Disorders (POPARD), and Lookout Emergency Aid Society.
- Offers scholarships and bursaries to qualifying students.
- Gives a free College English Preparatory program to enrolling students.
- Accredited by the Private Career Training Institutions Agency (PCTIA).