British Columbia Dental Assistant Schools.
Dental assistant training in British Columbia is very career focused and teaches students the specific skills they need to be successful dental assistants. Most programs award career certificates and two-year associate’s degrees. Common coursework includes dental assisting techniques, equipment preparation and sterilization, dental office management, dental hygiene, and oral anatomy. Dental assistants are an important part of a dental team and perform a wide range of duties including clinical care and office support. The career field is expected to grow at an average rate through the end of the decade. Students should make sure the program is accredited and offers an internship.
List of Schools Offering Dental Assistant Programs in British-Columbia
- Provides students the opportunity to train at home in their spare time to get their high school diploma, train for a new career, or enhance current skills.
- Offers programs in psychology/social work, business management, medical billing, criminal justice, and more.
- Member of the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA), the Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIE), and the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE).
- Features a fully flexible schedule with no classes to attend, leaving the study pace up to the student.
- Online Courses
- Provides lifetime career search assistance for all graduates.
- Engages in partnerships with numerous organizations, such as the Portland Hotel Society, Provincial Outreach Program for Autism and Related Disorders (POPARD), and Lookout Emergency Aid Society.
- Offers scholarships and bursaries to qualifying students.
- Gives a free College English Preparatory program to enrolling students.
- Accredited by the Private Career Training Institutions Agency (PCTIA).