Alabama Medical Billing and Coding Schools.
Medical billing and coding certificates in Alabama help students learn the skills needed to become certified health information technicians. Health information technicians perform billing operations to make sure insurance is properly applied to medical services. They also apply the correct medical code to all medical procedures that have been performed. Common medical billing and coding courses include medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, health data requirements, classification and coding systems, healthcare reimbursement methods, and database management. The medical billing and coding profession is expected to grow by 20% through 2018. The median wage for a health information technician is $25,000-$40,000.
List of Schools Offering Medical Billing Programs
Showing schools in your area
- Offers programs in some of the fastest growing fields in the healthcare industry
- 10 unique programs including Nursing, Pharmacy Technician, & Medical Assistant
- ABHES accredited with 39 campus locations throughout MI, OH, IN, WV, IA, KY, AL & TN
- Ross offers day & evening schedules for managing family, work & other obligations
- Financial aid is available for qualified students in the form of loans & grants
- Financial Aid
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Online Courses
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits