Colorado Medical Billing and Coding Schools.
Medical billing and coding certificates in Colorado qualify graduates to work in a variety of medical settings as health information technicians and medical records clerks. Medical billing and coding is an important administrative function to any healthcare organization because it ensures insurance is billed correctly and all procedures are properly coded. Most programs take 9-12 months to complete. Students learn about administrative functions in a healthcare office, medical insurance, coding software, medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, Medicare and Medicaid. The average health information technician makes $25,000- $40,000 annually. The occupation is expected to grow 20% through 2018 making it one of the fastest growing occupations nationwide.
What is a Medical Biller?
A medical biller works in a medical office, clinic, or hospital and takes care of the company's medical billing. Being a medical biller involves good attention to detail so that the company can recover as much of its expenses as possible.
What Do You Need to Become a Medical Biller?
Generally, to become a medical biller it is recommended that you have some experience as a medical assistant, or certification as such. Online programs or college programs are available to be a medical assistant and then a medical biller, you can finish as fast as in a few months (up to a year). There is no overseeing body for medical billing, although you can choose to get certification as a Certified Medical Reimbursement Specialist with the American Billing Association.
The average salary for a medical biller is $31,768, and since you can get the necessary training in just a few months (or even a few weeks online), this is a great career path to get into.
List of Schools Offering Medical Billing Programs in Colorado
Showing schools in your area
Are you un-employed, under-employed or looking for a stable career where you can make a real difference? Well then, you have come to the right place.
At locally-owned and nationally accredited IBMC College, you can train for a rewarding, new career, all in as little as 6-23 months! With nearly 20 program options to choose from, at nearby campuses, you will find the path that is just the right fit for you.
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Online Courses
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Courses