Alaska Medical Technician Schools.
Medical technician schools in Alaska offer two year associate’s degrees in medical technology or medical technician to ensure that the student becomes skilled enough to work successfully as an EMT. Many students who start out as a medical technician return to school to become a nurse or doctor. A medical technician can find employment in the emergency room of a hospital, on an ambulance, or emergency medical center. EMT’s are usually under the direct supervision of a doctor and perform emergency care that is required as the initial person who arrives on the scene of an accident. Most colleges in Alaska offer a two year program that provides the necessary skills needed to work as an EMT.
List of Medical Technician Schools in Alaska
- Works closely with an advisory board from the medical community to ensure that their curriculum, equipment and instruction are current and relevant.
- Offers special tuition pricing for Veterans, Active Duty Military and spouses/qualifying dependents of all Active Duty, National Guard and Reserves.
- ABHES-accredited: An advantage upon graduation
- Short-term education: Programs range from 10 months to 2 years
- Blackboard Learn mobile allows students to complete assignments on the go.
- Online Courses
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits