Ekg Technician Certification Program
Echocardiography technicians may specialize in performing non-invasive tests on patients' hearts. In many cases, an echocardiography technician may use a Doppler ultrasound machine to view various areas of a patient's body. The technician may then review these images and determine which parts of the body are healthy and which need to be further examined by physicians for analysis and diagnosis.
Pursuing an Echocardiography Technician Course
An echocardiography technician may be trained to use ultrasound equipment to observe and take photographs of the heart, and its corresponding veins and arteries. Their job may allow them to work with doctors and assist in diagnosing heart attacks, blockages, and heart defects.
The first practical step to becoming an echocardiography technician may be to pursue a degree in cardiovascular technology. This course may be offered in colleges and universities.
The next step may be to work as an echocardiography technician to gain experience in the field. Most hospitals may offer training in order to complete the tasks needed for the particular duties a person may complete throughout their work day. This will add to the education that they may need to become a registered echocardiography technician.
Once the student passes this exam, they may be listed in the national database authorizing that they have completed all of the steps needed to be viewed as a highly-educated echocardiography technician.
List of EKG Technician Schools
Showing schools in your area
The George Washington University (GW) was founded in 1821 and is located in Washington, D.C., the heart of international law, health care and business. Our location and close relationships with prominent health care agencies and their officials distinguish the opportunities we provide our students. GW's legacy of preparing leaders who create positive change begins with connecting them to the leaders of today.
Our expert faculty includes renowned experts in health care, from emergency care to regional health care providers, corporations and globally influential agencies. Students also benefit from our extensive alumni network of current experts in their fields.
- Online Courses
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Features career programs in surgical technology, professional fitness trainer, vocational nursing, and an associate of science program in health administration.
- Offers career assistance and advising services to students and graduates.
- Campus is close to many attractions in Glendale, California, including the Los Angeles Zoo, Universal Studios, Alex Theater, and downtown Los Angeles.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
Part of the Success Education Colleges (SEC) group of schools.
- Offers a free trial period so students can attend classes before paying tuition.
- Provides blended courses that combine traditional classroom instruction with online learning.
- Lets students connect with peers at any time, and instructors during office hours with online chat rooms.
- Gives students the chance to participate in externships and clinical training work under the general supervision of college staff.
- Has accelerated programs that allow students to take the same coursework in a shorter timeframe.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits