Ekg Technician Certification Program
Echocardiography technicians may specialize in performing non-invasive tests on patients' hearts. In many cases, an echocardiography technician may use a Doppler ultrasound machine to view various areas of a patient's body. The technician may then review these images and determine which parts of the body are healthy and which need to be further examined by physicians for analysis and diagnosis.
Pursuing an Echocardiography Technician Course
An echocardiography technician may be trained to use ultrasound equipment to observe and take photographs of the heart, and its corresponding veins and arteries. Their job may allow them to work with doctors and assist in diagnosing heart attacks, blockages, and heart defects.
The first practical step to becoming an echocardiography technician may be to pursue a degree in cardiovascular technology. This course may be offered in colleges and universities.
The next step may be to work as an echocardiography technician to gain experience in the field. Most hospitals may offer training in order to complete the tasks needed for the particular duties a person may complete throughout their work day. This will add to the education that they may need to become a registered echocardiography technician.
Once the student passes this exam, they may be listed in the national database authorizing that they have completed all of the steps needed to be viewed as a highly-educated echocardiography technician.
List of EKG Technician Schools
Showing schools in your area
- Offers health care and business programs that prepare students to enter the working field in as little as 8-16 weeks.
- Provides morning, afternoon, and evening classes for most courses.
- Offers career placement assistance to help students with their resumes, job-searching techniques, interview practice, and more.
- Engages students through hands-on learning in labs, internships, and externships.
Gives students the option to break up tuition costs into interest-free payments over the course of their education.
- Many programs require externships, allowing students to gain real-world experience.
- Approved A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 1984.
- Offers 22 accelerated, career-focused program options including business administration, medical assisting, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- 11 campuses across California, with an online division as well.
- Financial Aid
- Features career programs in surgical technology, professional fitness trainer, vocational nursing, and an associate of science program in health administration.
- Offers career assistance and advising services to students and graduates.
- Campus is close to many attractions in Glendale, California, including the Los Angeles Zoo, Universal Studios, Alex Theater, and downtown Los Angeles.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
Part of the Success Education Colleges (SEC) group of schools.
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Courses