Georgia Medical Assistant Schools.
The southern state of Georgia is home to the city and state capital of Atlanta. Known for its high levels of humidity and pest problems, Georgia is also home to such large company headquarters as Home Depot and Coca Cola. Georgia is recognized as being one of the established thirteen colonies, obtained in 1732. The state features many historical sites and today is ranked as one of the top ten most populous states. Nicknames abound for this state, including the Peach State and the Empire State of the South. With its large population base comes a well established health care system in Georgia. There are over 150 hospitals and more than 15,000 physicians located in this state. Due to the ever-growing health care system in the state, there are many quality medical assistant schools in Georgia, such as Altierus Career College and Brown Mackie College.
Located in Atlanta, Brown Mackie College features medical programs in medical assisting, occupational therapy assisting, pharmacy technology, and surgical technology. The college offers flexible day and evening courses that allow students to fit both work and school schedules into their lifestyle. Career placement services are available to students to assist with achieving employment upon graduation.
The Peach State is also home to Altierus Career College, another of the medical assistant schools in Georgia. With two campuses in the state, Altierus offers a wide variety of medical programs and opportunities for students pursuing a career in health care and medicine. Medical programs available through Altierus include medical assistant, medical billing and coding, patient care technician, and pharmacy technician. The college offers assistance in both admissions and post graduation career services. Flexible class schedules are available to ensure students are able to manage their work, home life, and academic career.
List of Medical Assistant Schools in Georgia
Showing schools in your area
- Has students attend one four-week class at a time and take their final exam before moving on to their next class.
- Offers 24/7 online tech support, with a typical response time of 4 hours or less.
- Has online help centers that offer assistance with writing, statistics, medical assisting, and more.
- Provides job placement assistance to all its students and alumni.
- Researches trends for growing fields to tailor a more effective curriculum.
- Online Courses
Start your future now!
Miller-Motte online programs help students succeed through quality education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your course or program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Online Courses
- Founded in 1951 by World War II veteran Donald Grantham to provide affordable, higher education for service members and their families.
- Approved by all branches of the United States Armed Forces for Tuition Assistance (TA), and for benefits payments by the Department of Veteran Affairs benefits (VA).
- Reviews applicants’ military and professional training for possible transfer credits, and honors credit earned through successful completion of Defense Acquisition University (DAU) courses.
- Participates in GoArmyEd, Marine Corps Academic Explorer, The Air University Associate to Baccalaureate Cooperative (CCAF), and many other virtual gateways.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Offers courses at six campuses located in Georgia, Florida, and North Carolina.
- Specialize in fields such as Dental Assisting, Administrative Assisting, Massage Therapy, Cosmetology, Personal Training, and more
- Assigns each student experienced career services personnel
- Offers veteran benefits for those who qualify
- Offers program in business, criminal justice, healthcare and more.
- Their fully-accredited campuses offer day,evening, and online classes.
- Gives graduates access to career tools and networking resources.