Optical technicians serve a vital role in helping people see more clearly. In this role, you may ultimately be responsible for filling optical prescriptions and helping a patient select the optimal eyewear for them. It is the optical technician's job to accurately read prescriptions, and then select the type of glass or plastic lens needed to improve the patient's eyesight. These technicians may also work with machines, such as a lens grinder and a finishing appliance, to perfect the lenses before examining them, fitting them precisely to the eyeglass frames, and delivering them to the patient.
List of Schools Offering Optical Programs
Showing schools in your area
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- Online Courses
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Many programs require externships, allowing students to gain real-world experience.
- Approved A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 1984.
- Offers 22 accelerated, career-focused program options including business administration, medical assisting, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- 11 campuses across California, with an online division as well.
- Financial Aid