Optical technicians serve a vital role in helping people see more clearly. In this role, you may ultimately be responsible for filling optical prescriptions and helping a patient select the optimal eyewear for them. It is the optical technician's job to accurately read prescriptions, and then select the type of glass or plastic lens needed to improve the patient's eyesight. These technicians may also work with machines, such as a lens grinder and a finishing appliance, to perfect the lenses before examining them, fitting them precisely to the eyeglass frames, and delivering them to the patient.
List of Schools Offering Optical Programs
Showing schools in your area
- Offers health care and business programs that prepare students to enter the working field in as little as 8-16 weeks.
- Provides morning, afternoon, and evening classes for most courses.
- Offers career placement assistance to help students with their resumes, job-searching techniques, interview practice, and more.
- Engages students through hands-on learning in labs, internships, and externships.
Gives students the option to break up tuition costs into interest-free payments over the course of their education.
- Features career programs in surgical technology, professional fitness trainer, vocational nursing, and an associate of science program in health administration.
- Offers career assistance and advising services to students and graduates.
- Campus is close to many attractions in Glendale, California, including the Los Angeles Zoo, Universal Studios, Alex Theater, and downtown Los Angeles.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
Part of the Success Education Colleges (SEC) group of schools.
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- Online Courses
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Many programs require externships, allowing students to gain real-world experience.
- Approved A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 1984.
- Offers 22 accelerated, career-focused program options including business administration, medical assisting, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- 11 campuses across California, with an online division as well.
- Financial Aid