Patient Care Tech Schools
Patient-care technicians, as the name implies, may have direct contact with patients on a daily basis. By taking on this role, you may enter a quickly growing and opportune field in medical and health care. In this relatively new, specialized position, patient-care technicians may often called upon to work with patients to explain common tests or procedures ordered. Technicians may also be asked to work directly with a patient to gather important vital signs to pass on to the physician.
Why Pursue A Patient Care Technician Degree?
Patient care technicians were traditionally trained on the job, assisting nurses with non-critical patient care, giving the nurse extra time to focus on more complex cases. However, due to various liability and safety issues, formal training may now required to become a certified nurse assistant (CNA), and there are many reasons of this new method.
- In patient care technician schools and Hospital trainings, you may learn hands-on tasks such as recording vital signs, collecting test specimens, keeping a record of the patient's physical and mental status, and assisting patients with feeding, bathing, and mobility. However, patient care technician schools may also teach basic human anatomy and medical terminology.
- It may reduce strain on hospital resources. Formally trained CNAs may not require constant supervision from senior nurses. In addition, they may help hospitals to keep expenditures low, since fewer full-time nursing staff are needed, and more patient care technicians are hired to assist them.
- Patient care technicians or CNAs may leave their training school with a formal certification, which is a stepping stone to the wider field of medicine. It may lead directly into a nursing career, but may also give the student a chance to discover if this really is the right career, before pursing the program in a nursing school
List of Schools Offering Patient Care Programs
Showing schools in your area
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- Online Courses
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid