Patient Care Tech Schools
Patient-care technicians, as the name implies, may have direct contact with patients on a daily basis. By taking on this role, you may enter a quickly growing and opportune field in medical and health care. In this relatively new, specialized position, patient-care technicians may often called upon to work with patients to explain common tests or procedures ordered. Technicians may also be asked to work directly with a patient to gather important vital signs to pass on to the physician.
Why Pursue A Patient Care Technician Degree?
Patient care technicians were traditionally trained on the job, assisting nurses with non-critical patient care, giving the nurse extra time to focus on more complex cases. However, due to various liability and safety issues, formal training may now required to become a certified nurse assistant (CNA), and there are many reasons of this new method.
- In patient care technician schools and Hospital trainings, you may learn hands-on tasks such as recording vital signs, collecting test specimens, keeping a record of the patient's physical and mental status, and assisting patients with feeding, bathing, and mobility. However, patient care technician schools may also teach basic human anatomy and medical terminology.
- It may reduce strain on hospital resources. Formally trained CNAs may not require constant supervision from senior nurses. In addition, they may help hospitals to keep expenditures low, since fewer full-time nursing staff are needed, and more patient care technicians are hired to assist them.
- Patient care technicians or CNAs may leave their training school with a formal certification, which is a stepping stone to the wider field of medicine. It may lead directly into a nursing career, but may also give the student a chance to discover if this really is the right career, before pursing the program in a nursing school
List of Schools Offering Patient Care Programs
Showing schools in your area
- Offers health care and business programs that prepare students to enter the working field in as little as 8-16 weeks.
- Provides morning, afternoon, and evening classes for most courses.
- Offers career placement assistance to help students with their resumes, job-searching techniques, interview practice, and more.
- Engages students through hands-on learning in labs, internships, and externships.
Gives students the option to break up tuition costs into interest-free payments over the course of their education.
- Career Training Online: Ultimate Medical Academy is committed to helping you succeed in a healthcare career. That’s why we offer assistance from the very beginning, throughout training, and even after you graduate.
- Get personalized attention with UMA: One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services—they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition.
- Engaging Online Learning: You’ll get individual feedback from your instructors, watch educational videos, participate in discussion boards and have access to live study group sessions.
- Career Services: UMA has a relationship with more than 100,000 employer locations across the country and we use that network to search for job opportunities and schedule interviews for our graduates.
- Let’s Talk: As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our Clearwater, Florida campus. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- Online Courses
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Features career programs in surgical technology, professional fitness trainer, vocational nursing, and an associate of science program in health administration.
- Offers career assistance and advising services to students and graduates.
- Campus is close to many attractions in Glendale, California, including the Los Angeles Zoo, Universal Studios, Alex Theater, and downtown Los Angeles.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
Part of the Success Education Colleges (SEC) group of schools.
- Many programs require externships, allowing students to gain real-world experience.
- Approved A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 1984.
- Offers 22 accelerated, career-focused program options including business administration, medical assisting, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- 11 campuses across California, with an online division as well.
- Financial Aid
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Courses