Florida Sonography Schools.
Sonography programs may teach students to use diagnostic ultrasound equipment to perform tests on patients. Sonographers may not only perform pregnancy related ultrasounds, but they do much more than that. Courses typically include medical ethics and privacy, human anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, diagnostic ultrasound equipment, and abdominal sonography. Students may also get the opportunity to spend several hours working at a medical facility observing and practicing sonography techniques. Admission to a sonography program may require completion of application requirements such as perquisite courses, interviews and testing.
List of Sonography Technician Schools in Florida
- Offers programs that focus on the two most in-demand application areas for sonography: abdominal and obstetric and gynecological applications, or a cardiac focus. Both provide exposure to vascular ultrasound, the third most common use of the technology.
- Students can combine their bachelor’s degree in any field with their Diagnostic Medical Sonography program to earn a bachelor’s degree in Sonography.
- Provides focused lab classes to give students hands-on experience as well as clinical training held in a real-life setting.
- Accredited Member, ACICS
- Located in Kissimmee, FL
- Ranked among the Best Colleges in the South in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Ranked the 13th Best College for Veterans in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- A private institution founded in 1977 with a current total undergraduate enrollment of over 15,00.
- Its student-faculty ratio is 11:1, and 89.3% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Has students attend one class at a time to ensure easy access to faculty and a more hands-on education.
At Meridian College, our Admissions Representatives specialize in removing the roadblocks that lie between where you are, and where you dream of being. If you dream of a new career, contact us today.
- Provides a 24/7 myCampusLink system that lets students access their records, e-mail, communicate with faculty, and more.
- Designated a 2014 Military Friendly School by Victory Media.
- Educates with the mission to serve the needs of the local community and graduates by matching opportunities to skills.
- Offers career education in nursing, dental, business, information technology, and more.
- Has 44 campus locations across 15 states, with online options as well.
- Financial Aid
- Founded in 1986 on the belief that education should be available to everyone.
- Offers programs for students who want to become a dental assistant, personal trainer, veterinary technician, and more.
- Provides distance learning where students complete coursework online and are only required to come to campus one or two days per week for hands-training.
- Gives financial aid to all who qualify and honors veterans benefits.
- Offers quality career training in the growing fields of allied health, business, design, education, information technology, legal studies, nursing and technical trades.
- Hires instructors who are qualified professionals with industry-specific expertise.
- Provides Career Services Officers to assist students with everything from interviewing skills to improving their resume.
- Has 5 campus locations across Florida.
- Member of the Florida Association of Postsecondary Schools and Colleges (FAPSC).
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid