Surgical Technician Programs
Simply put: Surgical technicians assist physicians during surgery. As a surgical technician, you may work with patients to explain the procedure to them, as well as prepare them for the operation by washing or shaving the surgical site, disinfecting the incision area(s), and transporting the patient to the operating room. You may also sterilize and prepare the surgical equipment needed for each part of the procedure. As a technician, you may also play a key role during the operation. The surgeon may call upon you to provide instruments, prepare fresh supplies, dispose of used supplies, and much more.
Course Requirements for Surgical Technicians
In examining surgical technology as a career, a prospective student must consider the requirements for entrance and the coursework involved in pursuing a certificate or an associate's degree. Although coursework may vary slightly from school to school, general coursework is the same throughout every program and certain prerequisites must be met in order to graduate.
In all cases a student must be a high school graduate to enroll in a surgical technician education program. Training may be obtained at:
- Vocational school
- Community college through a two-year degree
- In a hospital
List of Surgical Tech Schools
Showing schools in your area
- Features career programs in surgical technology, professional fitness trainer, vocational nursing, and an associate of science program in health administration.
- Offers career assistance and advising services to students and graduates.
- Campus is close to many attractions in Glendale, California, including the Los Angeles Zoo, Universal Studios, Alex Theater, and downtown Los Angeles.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
Part of the Success Education Colleges (SEC) group of schools.
- Many programs require externships, allowing students to gain real-world experience.
- Approved A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 1984.
- Offers 22 accelerated, career-focused program options including business administration, medical assisting, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- 11 campuses across California, with an online division as well.
- Financial Aid
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Courses