California Ultrasound Technician Schools.
Ultrasound technician schools in California are also referred to as diagnostic medical sonography schools. Students who partake in the program learn how to perform ultrasounds for nervous mothers and routine stomach examinations ordered by a physician. A major in ultrasound or sonography often leads to a two-year associate’s degree in the program. Standard courses required of the program include human anatomy and physiology, microbiology, medical terminology, ultrasound physics, obstetrical sonography, and professional ethics. The classroom is designed to incorporate lectures, laboratories, and open discussions following a seminar. Students can expect a large number of ultrasound courses, physics and some math classes that require problem solving.
Showing schools in your area
- Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography-Concentration in General and Vascular Sonography
- Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Associate of Science in Nuclear Medicine Technology
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Online Courses
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- Online Courses
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.