California Natural Medicine Schools.
Natural medicine schools in California offer students certificate and associate’s degree programs that lead to one of many careers in natural medicine. Students become skilled for employment in natural medicine facilities, spas, salons, or healthcare centers. Natural medicine includes homeopathic, naturopathic and Ayurveda remedies.The roots of natural medicine go back thousands of years and include teachings from other cultures such as Asia and India. Many of the principles of natural medicine are ignored by Western medicine, but that does not stop millions of people from seeing natural medicine practitioners for treatment and medication. When looking for natural medicine schools in California, students should check on accreditation and what the institution offers for training.
What Does an Iridologist Do?
Eyes are often called "windows to the soul." However, for iridologists they are much more than that...
What is Iridology?
Iridology is a diagnostic technique that looks into the patterns and changes in the iris, to find undiscovered health issues and diseases. It examines the colors, pupil, components of the iris, and the sclera of the eye.
Iridology is currently not legally recognized in the United States, but it is in some parts of Europe, especially Germany. In fact, it is regularly used by natural medicine experts, and is often used to assess the general state of a person's health.
According to the International Iridology Practitioners Association (IIPA), iridology helps patients understand their own health with regards to their environment, family history, specific health conditions, and their holistic health.
What is an Iridologist?
Iridologists are healthcare professionals that assess a person's physical, emotional, and mental health by examining their eyes, particularly the iris. They use the iridologist chart which divides the iris into different zones which correspond to different parts of the body. For example, the top part of the iris corresponds to the top half of the body, and the lower half to the legs and feet. The same goes for the right and left sides, which correspond to the right and left sides of the body. The center of the iris represents the stomach and digestive system.
Iridology Job Outlook
Iridology is considered to be a valid diagnostic tool by some health care professionals. Yet, it currently remains highly unsanctioned by medical science. For this reason, many iridologists combine this certification with other homeopathic specialties and they often pursue a career as naturopathic physicians.
According to the Association of Accredited Naturopathic Medical Colleges, naturopathic physicians earn from $20,000 to $30,000 annually if they decide to begin their private practice. If they work for established practices, their annual earnings can go as high as $90,000 annually.
List of Natural Medicine Schools in California
- Offers accelerated programs w/ flexible schedules & professional instruction
- Multiple accredited campuses across 9 states including CA, TX, NV, & PA
- 10 + programs including Practical Nursing, Dental and Medical Assisting
- Provides professional development training & career planning resources
- Military Student Center (MSC) is committed to the success of military students
- AU challenges students to combine serious study with real-world experience
- 8 schools & 150+ programs including bachelor’s, master’s & doctoral degrees
- MSA accredited with multiple accreditations per program, located in Wash. D.C.
- Ranked #74 in “Best National Universities” by US News and World Report
- Multiple financial aid options for eligible students in need
- Online Courses
- Offers training in various types of massage therapy, physical therapy/sports rehab, and personal fitness training & wellness.
- Teaches in an environment that promotes learning and encourages empathetic and compassionate therapists.
- Career service professionals work directly with students from the start of their program, and help them pursue employment in day spas, luxury hotels, cruise ships, and other locations.
- Students can work in the SOCHI Massage Clinic to gain experience and build their career skills.
- Financial aid representatives help students develop a personalized financial plan to finance their tuition.
- Financial Aid
- A Better Business Bureau (BBB) Accredited Business, with an A+ rating.
- Computer Support Technician program is based on guidelines set by the Computer Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) and Microsoft.
- Offers free student services, including tutoring, campus internet access, career placement, and a student lounge.
- Accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
- 2 locations in Cathedral City and Twentynine Palms, California.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid