Alternative Medicine training in US Alternative Medicine schools
Alternative medicine may encompass any healing techniques, procedures, or practices that are not categorized as traditional medicine. Some examples may include herbalism, ancient Chinese medicine, yoga, hypnosis, homeopathy, and acupuncture, among others. As an alternative medicine practitioner, you may treat a wide range of patients with various ailments, using natural alternative therapies to alleviate their symptoms. Some alternative medicinal approaches practiced in various parts of the world are often based on spiritual beliefs or folk knowledge.
Alternative Medicine Cancer Treatment Programs
Alternative medicine cancer treatment programs give cancer patients non-invasive and alternative healing options to complement traditional treatment. According to the National Cancer Institute, there are approximately 11 million cancer survivors, while the Center for Disease Control cites cancer as the second leading cause of death in the United States.
The good news is that cancer deaths are decreasing. Some attribute this to the fact that more cancer patients are taking a proactive stance and taking the time to research what's out there before choosing their treatment. No cancer treatment offers patients a 100% guarantee for a successful cure.
Traditional Cancer Treatments
Traditionally chemotherapy and radiation are the most common forms of treatment. Although they are considered effective, they may not be the best choice for every patient, as these treatments come with a trade off. They may severely compromise your body's immune system - your body's natural defense against viruses and bacteria - which in turn makes the patient vulnerable to other illnesses.
Alternative Cancer Treatments
Alternative medicine cancer treatments may be used alone or in conjunction with traditional treatments to balance the harsh effects. The alternative medicine cancer treatments available vary. Giving patients a low dose chemotherapy or radiation, while also working to boost the body's natural immunity, is one alternative treatment method. The goal is to find and maintain the patient's natural balance, to avoid weakening the body's natural defenses while fighting cancer. A strong immune system is a necessity.
Diet and Cancer Treatment
Alternative medicine cancer treatment looks at total health and well-being. It is imperative for cancer patients to pay close attention to the nutritional content of food. Getting plenty of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients is directly correlated to good healing. Doctors should work closely with patients to ensure they include the right balance of protein, whole grains, fats, vitamins, and minerals in their diet.
The enzymes found in live foods help the body break down food and properly absorb the nutrients. Alternative medicine teaches that the connection between health, diet, and healing is a powerful one.
Detoxification and Cancer Healing
The body is constantly exposed to manmade chemicals and other toxins including air pollution, contaminated drinking water and processed foods. The general population today leads a sedentary lifestyle, which creates excess wastes and metabolites in the body.
Experts say detoxification may restore the body to optimum performance. It may actually help reverse the development of diseased cells to encourage normal cell development. When the body is detoxed properly, it reduces the level of toxins overloading important organs like the liver, kidneys, colon, lungs, skin, and lymph system.
Alternative medicine treatments for cancer patients are designed to complement traditional treatments, with therapies to keep the body and its immune system strong and balanced. Several alternative medicine treatment programs exist throughout the United States offering cancer patients more treatment choices as they fight this disease.
List of Alternative Medicine Schools
- Offers accelerated programs w/ flexible schedules & professional instruction
- Multiple accredited campuses across 9 states including CA, TX, NV, & PA
- 10 + programs including Practical Nursing, Dental and Medical Assisting
- Provides professional development training & career planning resources
- Military Student Center (MSC) is committed to the success of military students
- AU challenges students to combine serious study with real-world experience
- 8 schools & 150+ programs including bachelor’s, master’s & doctoral degrees
- MSA accredited with multiple accreditations per program, located in Wash. D.C.
- Ranked #74 in “Best National Universities” by US News and World Report
- Multiple financial aid options for eligible students in need
- Online Courses
- A Better Business Bureau (BBB) Accredited Business, with an A+ rating.
- Computer Support Technician program is based on guidelines set by the Computer Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) and Microsoft.
- Offers free student services, including tutoring, campus internet access, career placement, and a student lounge.
- Accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
- 2 locations in Cathedral City and Twentynine Palms, California.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Offers career programs in accounting, cosmetology, massage therapy, physical fitness training, and more.
- Provides hands-on training led by instructors who have relevant, on-the-job experience.
- Each campus features a public salon and spa for student practice.
- Campuses are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET) and Council on Occupational Education (COE).
- 11 campuses across California, Texas, Nevada and Idaho, as well as 8 additional Milan Institute of Cosmetology campuses.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Offers training in various types of massage therapy, physical therapy/sports rehab, and personal fitness training & wellness.
- Teaches in an environment that promotes learning and encourages empathetic and compassionate therapists.
- Career service professionals work directly with students from the start of their program, and help them pursue employment in day spas, luxury hotels, cruise ships, and other locations.
- Students can work in the SOCHI Massage Clinic to gain experience and build their career skills.
- Financial aid representatives help students develop a personalized financial plan to finance their tuition.
- Financial Aid