Asthma Resource Center
Asthma accounts for over 17 million doctor and hospital visits each year and nearly 2 million more emergency visits. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, nearly 23 million people have asthma, in which result in over 5 thousand casualties. Sensitive airways in the body can become irritated or infected by numerous causes, resulting in asthma triggers. Exposure to molds, dust mites, pet dander and secondhand smoke are some of the more common trigger attacks. Discovering which allergens trigger your specific asthma can help to keep the condition under control. Here you will find the ultimate comprehensive resource list all about asthma.
Asthma Basics and Facts
- Asthma Facts and Figures: Here you will find an overview of asthma and allergies, facts, costs, morbidity, mortality and more.
- CDC – Asthma – Basic Information: Statistics, important triggers and management and treatment methods from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Facts about Asthma: Learn about important questions, such as what is asthma, who as asthma, what happens during asthma attacks and warning signs.
- Asthma Facts or Fiction: Common FAQs about asthma, triggers and information on how to control your asthma.
- Childhood Asthma Initiative: Asthma facts for children with Asthma from the New York City Department of Health and Metal Hygiene.
- The Symptoms of Asthma: Common and not so common symptoms found in individuals suffering from asthma.
- Asthma Symptoms: Signs that your asthma may be getting worse, situations where symptoms may occur and when to see a doctor.
- Medical Encyclopedia Guide: Find asthma symptoms, causes, treatments, exams and tests and possible complications.
- Signs and Symptoms of Asthma: How to recognize the early warning signs of asthma, as well as regular and severe asthma episode symptoms.
- Control Your Symptoms: Learning how to control the symptoms of asthma through medication and various treatment methods.
- NHLBI Asthma Guidelines: Diagnosis and treatment of asthma guidelines from the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute.
- Allergy Tips to Remember: Asthma and allergy treatment tips for dealing with the various types of allergy medications and inhalers.
- Asthma Case Studies: Here you will find treatment, management, prevention and environmental triggers of asthma.
- Acupuncture Asthma Treatment: Quick relief for asthma in the form of traditional acupuncture on the chest and back over the lungs.
- Teens with Asthma: General overview of teens with asthma including common causes and how to deal with the health condition.
- Causes of Asthma Attacks: Learn about the two phases that occur in asthma and their causes.
- All about Asthma: Here you will find information on the multiple causes of asthma including genetics, infections and air quality.
- What Causes Asthma: Learn the causes of asthma besides the basic allergens, such as viruses that pose as a risk.
- Asthma and Genetics: Find out what happens during an asthma attack and common triggers.
Tests and Diagnosis
- Diagnosis and Management: Here you will learn the types of asthma, guidelines for classification and factors that exacerbate asthma.
- Objectives to Diagnosis Asthma: How a physician diagnosis and treats asthma through a list of criteria.
- Asthma Guidelines: Here you will find the guidelines and diagnosis and treatment of asthma from the Asthma Initiative for Healthy Lungs.
- Diagnosis Asthma: Learn how to prepare for pulmonary function tests and chest x-rays to help physicians’ diagnosis asthma.
- Strategy for Asthma Diagnosis: Diagnosis and management for asthma in children 5 years and younger.
- Prognosis of Asthma in Childhood: Here you will find facts on prognosis of asthma in early childhood.
- Adult Asthma Prognosis: National study of the prognosis of asthma in adults from the Department of Epidemiology.
- Asthma Management Handbook: Prognosis and management of asthma from the National Asthma Council.
- Inhalers in the Long Term: Information about inhalers and how they may not improve asthma in the long term.
- Asthma in Children and Adolescents: Here you will find a general overview, guidelines and prognosis of asthma patients.
- Prevention of Allergy and Asthma: Learn the common causes of childhood asthma including parental smoking, diet and breastfeeding.
- Asthma Guidelines: Information on how asthma can be prevented, attack symptoms, risks and diagnosis.
- Asthma Prevention: How to prevent and keep your asthma under control both short and long term.
- Preventing Attacks in Children: How to prevent asthma episodes by reducing or eliminating exposure to common triggers.
- Asthma and Children: Find the answers to common questions about asthma prevention, participation in sports and the differences between child and adult asthma.
- Asthma and Pregnancy: Possible complications in the mother or fetus that could arise when the mother has asthma.
- Complications of Asthma in Children: Learn how poorly controlled asthma can have a negative impact on your child’s life.
- Quality of Asthma Care Factors: Learn which groups of individuals are at risk for complications due to asthma.
- Asthma and Flu: Essential steps for individuals with asthma for preventing complications due to the H1N1 influenza and seasonal influenza.
- Test and Treatment Overview: Learn how to prevention complications that can occur due to asthma attacks.
- U.S Environmental Protection Agency: The EPA organization takes action to build asthma-free communities.
- American Academy of Pediatrics: Asthma and allergy topics for children suffering from breathing conditions.
- Allergy and Asthma Network: Friendly information directed towards mothers of asthmatics.
- Steps to a Healthy Home: General information about asthma and how to control triggers in your home.
- Complete Asthma Guideline: Learn about what asthma does to the body, complications, symptoms, tests, treatment and staying healthy.