Natural Medicine training in US Natural Medicine schools
When you pursue a natural medicine practitioner, you may learn how to cure or alleviate conditions such as acid reflux, ADD, headaches, constipation, and more with all-natural remedies such as herbs, ginseng, aloe, basil, green tea, and witch hazel, among others. In this rewarding role, you may also learn how diet and exercise may help ward off more serious disorders and afflictions.
How to Become a Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner
Traditional Chinese medicine has been practiced for over 2,000 years. The ancient healing methods used to treat patients include acupuncture, moxibustion, herbal medicine, acupressure, and attention to
All Chinese traditional medicine is based on chi, or life force. The ultimate goal for the practitioner and the patient is to regulate internal balance and harmony through the patient's energy channels.
A traditional Chinese medicine educational program may offer academic and clinical training and ethics to enter into the traditional Chinese medicine arena. Students are challenged with providing the public with quality, affordable clinical care.
The goal of traditional Chinese medicine is not to be the only choice for healing. It is to promote and integrate Asian medicine with other systems of healing, including traditional medicine.
When students embark on the study of traditional Chinese medicine, they soon realize that the difference between this ancient Asian healing program and a traditional medical program is that the focus is on consciousness, and how it may influence the approach that is taken toward healing. It focuses on more than just treating patients. The idea is to heal ourselves, our community, and the world.
Selecting a Specialty
Students may select a specific program of study. For example, a master's degree in acupuncture and oriental medicine is one option. They may learn all about human energy systems, diagnosis, problem solving, and treatment techniques. Students learn to seamlessly fuse Eastern medicine with Western medicine.
Most programs of traditional Chinese medicine are master's degree programs.
Typical courses may cover:
- Theoretical constructs of Oriental medicine
- Meridian system basics
- Point location
- Herbs used in Chinese pharmacopeia
- Western medicine and science
List of Natural Medicine Training Schools
At American University, our smart, passionate and engaged students and faculty focus their knowledge to create meaningful change. Our strengths in international service and public affairs inspire our sense of social responsibility and a dedication to cultural and intellectual diversity. We’re defined by our global perspective, practical idealism and a dedication to public service.
American University is a private, college-centered research university located in the nation’s capital. It was chartered by the United States Congress in 1893 to build public service, and is now home to a prestigious faculty, guest speakers and visiting world leaders who are influential practitioners and prominent thought leaders.
- Online Courses
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- One of the largest massage therapy schools in the nation teaching since 1979.
- First massage school in California to be nationally accredited.
- Has a successful job placement record— 86% of graduates get placed into work in massage therapy.
- Provides massage therapist education with multiple methods to ensure every student learns the material.
- Offers lifetime career placement assistance and holds partnerships with a variety of employers.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- A Better Business Bureau (BBB) Accredited Business, with an A+ rating.
- Computer Support Technician program is based on guidelines set by the Computer Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) and Microsoft.
- Offers free student services, including tutoring, campus internet access, career placement, and a student lounge.
- Accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
- 2 locations in Cathedral City and Twentynine Palms, California.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid