Natural Medicine training in US Natural Medicine schools
When you pursue a natural medicine practitioner, you may learn how to cure or alleviate conditions such as acid reflux, ADD, headaches, constipation, and more with all-natural remedies such as herbs, ginseng, aloe, basil, green tea, and witch hazel, among others. In this rewarding role, you may also learn how diet and exercise may help ward off more serious disorders and afflictions.
How to Become a Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner
Traditional Chinese medicine has been practiced for over 2,000 years. The ancient healing methods used to treat patients include acupuncture, moxibustion, herbal medicine, acupressure, and attention to
All Chinese traditional medicine is based on chi, or life force. The ultimate goal for the practitioner and the patient is to regulate internal balance and harmony through the patient's energy channels.
A traditional Chinese medicine educational program may offer academic and clinical training and ethics to enter into the traditional Chinese medicine arena. Students are challenged with providing the public with quality, affordable clinical care.
The goal of traditional Chinese medicine is not to be the only choice for healing. It is to promote and integrate Asian medicine with other systems of healing, including traditional medicine.
When students embark on the study of traditional Chinese medicine, they soon realize that the difference between this ancient Asian healing program and a traditional medical program is that the focus is on consciousness, and how it may influence the approach that is taken toward healing. It focuses on more than just treating patients. The idea is to heal ourselves, our community, and the world.
Selecting a Specialty
Students may select a specific program of study. For example, a master's degree in acupuncture and oriental medicine is one option. They may learn all about human energy systems, diagnosis, problem solving, and treatment techniques. Students learn to seamlessly fuse Eastern medicine with Western medicine.
Most programs of traditional Chinese medicine are master's degree programs.
Typical courses may cover:
- Theoretical constructs of Oriental medicine
- Meridian system basics
- Point location
- Herbs used in Chinese pharmacopeia
- Western medicine and science
List of Natural Medicine Training Schools
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
Change the World with American University
Be a part of something bigger than yourself. At American University, we strive to help you develop your professional interests and indulge in your passion for making a difference. Our online degree programs allow you to gain the advanced skills for active leadership in a variety of fields.
Set Yourself Apart at American University
At American University, our smart, passionate and engaged students and faculty focus their knowledge to create meaningful change. Our strengths in international service and public affairs inspire our sense of social responsibility and a dedication to cultural and intellectual diversity. We're defined by our global perspective, practical idealism and a dedication to public service.
- Online Courses
- A Better Business Bureau (BBB) Accredited Business, with an A+ rating.
- Computer Support Technician program is based on guidelines set by the Computer Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) and Microsoft.
- Offers free student services, including tutoring, campus internet access, career placement, and a student lounge.
- Accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
- 2 locations in Cathedral City and Twentynine Palms, California.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- One of the largest massage therapy schools in the nation teaching since 1979.
- First massage school in California to be nationally accredited.
- Has a successful job placement record— 86% of graduates get placed into work in massage therapy.
- Provides massage therapist education with multiple methods to ensure every student learns the material.
- Offers lifetime career placement assistance and holds partnerships with a variety of employers.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Offers training in various types of massage therapy, physical therapy/sports rehab, and personal fitness training & wellness.
- Teaches in an environment that promotes learning and encourages empathetic and compassionate therapists.
- Career service professionals work directly with students from the start of their program, and help them pursue employment in day spas, luxury hotels, cruise ships, and other locations.
- Students can work in the SOCHI Massage Clinic to gain experience and build their career skills.
- Financial aid representatives help students develop a personalized financial plan to finance their tuition.
- Financial Aid