Natural Medicine training in US Natural Medicine schools
When you pursue a natural medicine practitioner, you may learn how to cure or alleviate conditions such as acid reflux, ADD, headaches, constipation, and more with all-natural remedies such as herbs, ginseng, aloe, basil, green tea, and witch hazel, among others. In this rewarding role, you may also learn how diet and exercise may help ward off more serious disorders and afflictions.
How to Become a Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner
Traditional Chinese medicine has been practiced for over 2,000 years. The ancient healing methods used to treat patients include acupuncture, moxibustion, herbal medicine, acupressure, and attention to
All Chinese traditional medicine is based on chi, or life force. The ultimate goal for the practitioner and the patient is to regulate internal balance and harmony through the patient's energy channels.
A traditional Chinese medicine educational program may offer academic and clinical training and ethics to enter into the traditional Chinese medicine arena. Students are challenged with providing the public with quality, affordable clinical care.
The goal of traditional Chinese medicine is not to be the only choice for healing. It is to promote and integrate Asian medicine with other systems of healing, including traditional medicine.
When students embark on the study of traditional Chinese medicine, they soon realize that the difference between this ancient Asian healing program and a traditional medical program is that the focus is on consciousness, and how it may influence the approach that is taken toward healing. It focuses on more than just treating patients. The idea is to heal ourselves, our community, and the world.
Selecting a Specialty
Students may select a specific program of study. For example, a master's degree in acupuncture and oriental medicine is one option. They may learn all about human energy systems, diagnosis, problem solving, and treatment techniques. Students learn to seamlessly fuse Eastern medicine with Western medicine.
Most programs of traditional Chinese medicine are master's degree programs.
Typical courses may cover:
- Theoretical constructs of Oriental medicine
- Meridian system basics
- Point location
- Herbs used in Chinese pharmacopeia
- Western medicine and science
List of Natural Medicine Training Schools
- Offers accelerated programs w/ flexible schedules & professional instruction
- Multiple accredited campuses across 9 states including CA, TX, NV, & PA
- 10 + programs including Practical Nursing, Dental and Medical Assisting
- Provides professional development training & career planning resources
- Military Student Center (MSC) is committed to the success of military students
- AU challenges students to combine serious study with real-world experience
- 8 schools & 150+ programs including bachelor’s, master’s & doctoral degrees
- MSA accredited with multiple accreditations per program, located in Wash. D.C.
- Ranked #74 in “Best National Universities” by US News and World Report
- Multiple financial aid options for eligible students in need
- Online Courses
Trade schools in Los Angeles are built on a solid foundation of academic experience, especially Advanced College in South Gate. The founders of Advanced College have 40 years of experience when they opened their own institute of higher learning in 1999, which means Advanced College was student-oriented from day one. Our reputation as a leading vocational nursing & Allied Health school in Los Angeles is well-established, but that is just the beginning. Our expansive South Gate Campus has grown in our time as a school in order to make room for our daily operations. However, our expansion goes beyond the boundaries of our walls.
- Offers training in various types of massage therapy, physical therapy/sports rehab, and personal fitness training & wellness.
- Teaches in an environment that promotes learning and encourages empathetic and compassionate therapists.
- Career service professionals work directly with students from the start of their program, and help them pursue employment in day spas, luxury hotels, cruise ships, and other locations.
- Students can work in the SOCHI Massage Clinic to gain experience and build their career skills.
- Financial aid representatives help students develop a personalized financial plan to finance their tuition.
- Financial Aid
- Offers career programs in accounting, cosmetology, massage therapy, physical fitness training, and more.
- Provides hands-on training led by instructors who have relevant, on-the-job experience.
- Each campus features a public salon and spa for student practice.
- Campuses are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET) and Council on Occupational Education (COE).
- 11 campuses across California, Texas, Nevada and Idaho, as well as 8 additional Milan Institute of Cosmetology campuses.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- A Better Business Bureau (BBB) Accredited Business, with an A+ rating.
- Computer Support Technician program is based on guidelines set by the Computer Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) and Microsoft.
- Offers free student services, including tutoring, campus internet access, career placement, and a student lounge.
- Accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
- 2 locations in Cathedral City and Twentynine Palms, California.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid