Using the knowledge of anthropology to address human real-world problems.
The following links may be of interest to you:
- Cultural Survival - Promoting the rights, voices, and visions of indigenous peoples
- International workgroup for indigenous affairs -International human rights organization which supports indigenous peoples around the world
- Human Rights Watch -Organization to protect rights of people around the world, to bring offenders to justice, prevent discrimination, uphold political freedom and to protect civil rights
- Amnesty International - Action for Human Rights
Non-Profit Opportunities: using your time for a purpose.
- Idealist- An interactive site where people and organizations can exchange resources and ideas, locate opportunities and supporters, and take steps toward building a world where all people can lead free and dignified lives.
- Non -Profit Jobs An on-line gathering place where not-for-profit employers and management personnel can meet one another.
- Massage Therapy Schools Get a professional training at one of the massage schools listed in this portal.
- Volunteer Match VolunteerMatch strengthens communities by making it easier for good people and good causes to connect.
Anthropology and Population Resources: information on population and anthropological reasearch.
- Anthropologists' Fund for Urgent Anthropological Research A fund that supports basic ethnographic research on threatened or disappearing cultures and languages of indigenous peoples.
- American Anthropological Association The world's largest organization of individuals interested in anthropology.
- Lost Trails Lost Trails- an educational multi-media web site.
- Virtual Archaeology Library Archaeology and Anthropology sources.
- Pop Planet Population and Environment Bibilographic Resource
Preservation and Historic Folklore: traditional beliefs, myths, tales, and practices of a people, transmitted orally.
- Preservation Directory The online resource for historic preservation, building restoration and cultural resource management in the United States & Canada.
- Cultural Policy Historic preservation and cultural resources
- New York Folklore The leading resource for folklore and folklife by disseminating research and information throughout the state.
- American Folklore Society An association of people who study and communicate knowledge about folklore throughout the world.
- International Council of Organizations for Folklore Festivals and Folk Art An organization for national and regional associations of traditional culture, folklore and folk arts festivals, as well as intangible heritage specialists.
African-American Archaeology: researching the African diasporas worldwide.
- African Diaspora Archaeology Newsletter Resources of African diasporas worldwide and related archaeological and historical studies.
- African Diaspora Journals Magazines and journals focusing on African diasporas worldwide.
- Librarian´s Internet Index Resources concerning the subjects of African American archaeology, history and cultures, and broader subjects of African diaspora archaeology.
- The African Diaspora in Germany Newspapers and periodicals of the African Diaspora.
Visual Anthropology: multi-media resources for anthropological research.
- Science Central A source of ecology- and environment-related videos and films for all grade levels.
- Bullfrog Films Publisher of independently-produced, environmental DVDs & videos.
- California Newsreel Film and video for social change.
- Virtual Library The oldest non-profit documentary distribution center in the US.
- Public Broadcast Sytem American Masters is an ongoing series of award-winning primetime specials examining the lives, works, and creative processes of outstanding cultural artists.
- Anthropology Resource A virtual library of anthropological books, films, videos.
Symbolic Anthropology: exploring the use of symbols to convey different meanings.
- Anthropolgy Symbols A resource of cultural anthropology which explores symbols.
- Anthro-Technology A fusion of anthropolgy and information technology
- The Bureau of Applied Research in Anthropology Academic research unit for symbolic anthroplogy.
- Cultural and Systems Anaylisis Group Cultural and community analysis using knowledge and skills grounded in anthropology, community health, and ethnographic research methods.