Physical Therapy Schools
Physical therapists play a significant role in restoring patients' mobility and easing their pain after an accident, surgery, or injury. Many physical therapists work in hospitals with accident victims or those with disabling conditions, such as head injuries, cerebral palsy, arthritis, and more. Other physical therapists work with athletes to help them improve their strength and flexibility or to help them recover after a sports-related accident. Using targeted techniques and exercises, physical therapists work with patients to improve their range of motion, balance, muscle strength, respiration, and posture.
Career Options in Physical Therapy
Because physical therapy treats such a diverse number of problems, those with a degree in the field have numerous venues in which they may put their expertise to work. From rehabilitating accident victims to helping elderly people maintain their physical capabilities, the role of a physical therapist is open and diverse and may include a number of activities, such as:
- Teaching patients exercises to reduce pain
- Using cold and hot therapies to deal with sprains and other muscular and joint problems
- Improving movement for those with physical impairments
- Teaching patients how to adapt and use prosthetic devices
Depending on their field of expertise, physical therapists may work in a variety of settings, including:
- Rehabilitation centers
- Athletic facilities
- Senior care centers (both inpatient and outpatient)
- Sport centers
- Universities and academic centers, for those who have a knack for teaching
Depending on the setting, physical therapists may work closely with physicians or other medical professionals to design an appropriate treatment course, or they may work on their own with patients referred by general practitioners, a common occurrence for minor injuries.
List of Physical Therapy Schools
Showing schools in your area
- For the 12th consecutive year, Cal U was named one for the best schools in the Northeast by The Princeton Review
- Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Quality Online courses at Cal U have the same objectives, content and learning outcomes as campus-based programs and are taught by the same expert professors.
- Offers private school amenities at a public school cost. Student-to-teacher ratio of 20:1
- CAL U online programs complete an annual assessment of student learning to ensure outcomes are focused on your success in career entry, advancement or enhancement!
- Online Courses
- Accelerated Programs
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Courses