Physical Therapy Schools
Physical therapists play a significant role in restoring patients' mobility and easing their pain after an accident, surgery, or injury. Many physical therapists work in hospitals with accident victims or those with disabling conditions, such as head injuries, cerebral palsy, arthritis, and more. Other physical therapists work with athletes to help them improve their strength and flexibility or to help them recover after a sports-related accident. Using targeted techniques and exercises, physical therapists work with patients to improve their range of motion, balance, muscle strength, respiration, and posture.
Career Options in Physical Therapy
Because physical therapy treats such a diverse number of problems, those with a degree in the field have numerous venues in which they may put their expertise to work. From rehabilitating accident victims to helping elderly people maintain their physical capabilities, the role of a physical therapist is open and diverse and may include a number of activities, such as:
- Teaching patients exercises to reduce pain
- Using cold and hot therapies to deal with sprains and other muscular and joint problems
- Improving movement for those with physical impairments
- Teaching patients how to adapt and use prosthetic devices
Depending on their field of expertise, physical therapists may work in a variety of settings, including:
- Rehabilitation centers
- Athletic facilities
- Senior care centers (both inpatient and outpatient)
- Sport centers
- Universities and academic centers, for those who have a knack for teaching
Depending on the setting, physical therapists may work closely with physicians or other medical professionals to design an appropriate treatment course, or they may work on their own with patients referred by general practitioners, a common occurrence for minor injuries.
List of Physical Therapy Schools
- A private, accredited distance learning college based in Norcross, Georgia founded in 1987.
- Ensures that service members, their spouses and veterans can maximize their military education benefits.
- Gives students the option to customize monthly payments to fit their budgets and lifestyle.
- Offers all-inclusive tuition: textbooks, learning materials, and academic support are covered in the cost.
- Allows alumni to enroll in any future program at a reduced rate.
- Online Courses
- Offers training in various types of massage therapy, physical therapy/sports rehab, and personal fitness training & wellness.
- Teaches in an environment that promotes learning and encourages empathetic and compassionate therapists.
- Career service professionals work directly with students from the start of their program, and help them pursue employment in day spas, luxury hotels, cruise ships, and other locations.
- Students can work in the SOCHI Massage Clinic to gain experience and build their career skills.
- Financial aid representatives help students develop a personalized financial plan to finance their tuition.
- Financial Aid
Trade schools in Los Angeles are built on a solid foundation of academic experience, especially Advanced College in South Gate. The founders of Advanced College have 40 years of experience when they opened their own institute of higher learning in 1999, which means Advanced College was student-oriented from day one. Our reputation as a leading vocational nursing & Allied Health school in Los Angeles is well-established, but that is just the beginning. Our expansive South Gate Campus has grown in our time as a school in order to make room for our daily operations. However, our expansion goes beyond the boundaries of our walls.
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report
- A celebrated educational institution focusing on Health Sciences
- Offering Online Bachelor's & Master's degrees
- Logan University is HLC & CCE accredited
- No GRE required for Master's degree programs.
- Online Courses