RN To BSN programs in US
In health care, research has linked advanced nursing degrees to improved patient outcomes and decreased mortality. In light of this, the push for registered nurses (RNs) to hold a minimum of a bachelor's degree in nursing (BSN) has increased. Hospitals and other health care institutions are encouraging RNs that hold associate's degrees and diplomas in nursing to return to school.
Many universities offer RN to BSN programs that allow nurses to advance their education. These types of programs apply credits from a student's associate's degree or diploma in nursing towards their BSN. Some accelerated RN to BSN programs can be completed in as little as three semesters. Most programs are designed to accommodate the schedules of nurses who are working full-time while returning to school.
Is a career as a BSN right for me?
Choosing the path of your education in the medical or nursing field may be a challenge. No matter why you wish to pursue a BSN, taking a look inside the nursing profession may help you to make the decision if a career in nursing is right for you.
BSN Job Description
An entry level BSN (bachelor's of science in nursing) usually begins their career as a registered nurse. Their duties begin in a patient care capacity, in either a hospital, clinical, or doctor's office setting. They complete tasks such as starting IVs, administering medications, observing patient conditions, and updating charts and paperwork. They handle basic patient care, under the advice of the attending physician, and may work in a supervisory role over nursing assistants and practical nurses. As they move on in their career, they may take on administrative roles or work on an educational level with patients or other care providers.
Necessary Personal Attributes and Qualities for a BSN
There are many personal attributes that make a career in nursing more enjoyable and more rewarding. While the lack of these attributes may not disqualify you from pursuing a BSN, having them may make your education and your future job easier to handle. Those with a caring nature, who enjoy working with people in a one-on-one situation, have a much better experience with a career as a BSN.
You might need to have:
- good organizational and communication skills
- a strong stomach
- the ability to react quickly in a crisis situation.
Even those without these specific strengths may do well as a BSN, if they take the time to learn their job and work on the areas in which they are weak.
Schools offering RN to BSN Programs
Showing schools in your area
The Secret to Getting Ahead Is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego® is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Designed by RNs for RNs
Chamberlain’s RN to BSN option offers convenient 100% online coursework, no mandatory login times and no campus visits. This flexible framework allows you to continue in your current role while you pursue your degree. And, because the curriculum is developed and taught by RNs who are also educators, you know you are learning what you need to push your skills forward now – and in the future.
Important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended Chamberlain University can be found at http://chamberlain.edu/ge
- Online Courses
- Now you don't have to leave home to earn a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree from Northern Illinois University!
- Create an educational experience as unique as you, and pursue your passion from day one. Get the preparation you need for a successful life and career and the individual support you deserve.
- NIU offers some of our graduate programs completely online or blended (with some coursework online and some in a DeKalb campus classroom).
- NIU offers degrees in a wide variety of fields such as: Data Analytics, Digital Marketing, Nursing and Public Health.
- Choose from a wide variety of popular programs such as: BS in Nursing for RN's, MS in Digital Marketing, MS in Data Analytics, MS in Public Health and MS in Nursing to just to name a few.
- NIU is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Online Courses
- RNs, Earn Your Bachelor of Science in Nursing Online
- Tailored to meet the needs of the RN adult learner and to maximize the strengths that the working RN already posses
- The BSN at GCU is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- 5-week courses help you earn your degree in as little as 12 months
- GCU's accredited program is aligned to standards established by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN)
- Online Courses
- Flexible Scheduling
- Accelerated Programs
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits