Find online Dietitian degrees in our Dietitian online schools
The following is a list of schools that offer online Dietitian programs.
The Top Dietitian Schools in the United States
The best dietitian schools will prepare their students for a career in dietetics by offering training and hands-on experience. There are two types of programs that the American Dietetic Association (ADA) approves as a course of study:
- Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) focuses on academics, after which the student must complete an internship in order to take the necessary exams to become a registered dietician
- Coordinated Program of Dietetics (CPD) incorporates the internship into the course of study, and provides the student with sufficient clinical hours to take exams
There are hundreds of dietitian programs across the United States, but here are a few that stand out.
Kansas State University:
- Offers excellent DPD and CPD programs, which meet the requirements of the ADA
- The program works with specific colleges to accept credits from a two-year dietetic degree and accepts 30 students a year
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey:
- Offers a unique undergraduate degree program which can be completed entirely by independent study, which is excellent for those who wish to complete their education at their own pace, or alongside their current career
- The program accepts 35 applicants per year who must already be registered dietary technicians
- Focuses on community service work for dietitians and nutrition therapy
University of Pittsburgh:
- Offers an excellent Master's degree in Dietetics
- The graduate program currently accepts 25 applicants per year, who must be registered dietitians with the ADA, or hold an undergraduate degree in nutrition
- The school also offers a CPD program for undergraduate students
- University of Washington-Spokane:
Florida International University:
- Offers several programs for future dietitians, including DPD and CPD programs (which accept 20 students per year), a master's of science, master's of public health, and a doctorate degree
- A great choice for students who are more interested in pursuing the clinical or scientific side of dietetics.
California State University:
- Los Angeles also offers a CPD program, master's degree program, and their nutritional science option fulfills DPD program requirements
Clayton College of Natural Health:
- Offers a Bachelor of Science and a Master and Doctorate in Holistic Nutrition
- Offers a Nutrition, Diet and Health Science program
List of Online Dietitian Schools
Showing schools in your area
At American University, our smart, passionate and engaged students and faculty focus their knowledge to create meaningful change. Our strengths in international service and public affairs inspire our sense of social responsibility and a dedication to cultural and intellectual diversity. We’re defined by our global perspective, practical idealism and a dedication to public service.
American University is a private, college-centered research university located in the nation’s capital. It was chartered by the United States Congress in 1893 to build public service, and is now home to a prestigious faculty, guest speakers and visiting world leaders who are influential practitioners and prominent thought leaders.
- Online Courses
- For the 12th consecutive year, Cal U was named one for the best schools in the Northeast by The Princeton Review
- Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Quality Online courses at Cal U have the same objectives, content and learning outcomes as campus-based programs and are taught by the same expert professors.
- Offers private school amenities at a public school cost. Student-to-teacher ratio of 20:1
- CAL U online programs complete an annual assessment of student learning to ensure outcomes are focused on your success in career entry, advancement or enhancement!
- Online Courses
- Accelerated Programs
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits