Find online Dietitian degrees in our Dietitian online schools
The following is a list of schools that offer online Dietitian programs.
The Top Dietitian Schools in the United States
The best dietitian schools will prepare their students for a career in dietetics by offering training and hands-on experience. There are two types of programs that the American Dietetic Association (ADA) approves as a course of study:
- Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) focuses on academics, after which the student must complete an internship in order to take the necessary exams to become a registered dietician
- Coordinated Program of Dietetics (CPD) incorporates the internship into the course of study, and provides the student with sufficient clinical hours to take exams
There are hundreds of dietitian programs across the United States, but here are a few that stand out.
Kansas State University:
- Offers excellent DPD and CPD programs, which meet the requirements of the ADA
- The program works with specific colleges to accept credits from a two-year dietetic degree and accepts 30 students a year
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey:
- Offers a unique undergraduate degree program which can be completed entirely by independent study, which is excellent for those who wish to complete their education at their own pace, or alongside their current career
- The program accepts 35 applicants per year who must already be registered dietary technicians
- Focuses on community service work for dietitians and nutrition therapy
University of Pittsburgh:
- Offers an excellent Master's degree in Dietetics
- The graduate program currently accepts 25 applicants per year, who must be registered dietitians with the ADA, or hold an undergraduate degree in nutrition
- The school also offers a CPD program for undergraduate students
- University of Washington-Spokane:
Florida International University:
- Offers several programs for future dietitians, including DPD and CPD programs (which accept 20 students per year), a master's of science, master's of public health, and a doctorate degree
- A great choice for students who are more interested in pursuing the clinical or scientific side of dietetics.
California State University:
- Los Angeles also offers a CPD program, master's degree program, and their nutritional science option fulfills DPD program requirements
Clayton College of Natural Health:
- Offers a Bachelor of Science and a Master and Doctorate in Holistic Nutrition
- Offers a Nutrition, Diet and Health Science program
List of Online Dietitian Schools
Showing schools in your area
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Online Courses
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Online Courses
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- A private, accredited distance learning college based in Norcross, Georgia founded in 1987.
- Ensures that service members, their spouses and veterans can maximize their military education benefits.
- Gives students the option to customize monthly payments to fit their budgets and lifestyle.
- Offers all-inclusive tuition: textbooks, learning materials, and academic support are covered in the cost.
- Allows alumni to enroll in any future program at a reduced rate.
- Online Courses
At American University, our smart, passionate and engaged students and faculty focus their knowledge to create meaningful change. Our strengths in international service and public affairs inspire our sense of social responsibility and a dedication to cultural and intellectual diversity. We’re defined by our global perspective, practical idealism and a dedication to public service.
American University is a private, college-centered research university located in the nation’s capital. It was chartered by the United States Congress in 1893 to build public service, and is now home to a prestigious faculty, guest speakers and visiting world leaders who are influential practitioners and prominent thought leaders.
- Online Courses