Bipolar Disorder Resources on the Web
Bipolar disorder is also known as manic depression. The two terms are interchangeable, though most professionals now use bipolar rather than manic depression. This mental health illness causes a person to experience wild mood swings, going from upbeat and happy to sad and depressed rather quickly. There are thousands of resources out there on this topic, though not all are good. Google searches often result in dozens of pages with books for sale and advertisements for clinics and doctors rather than solid information on the subject. And though doctors in training at medical schools are receiving better education than ever concerning bipolarism and other mecntal disorders, the results provided may not be spot-on to your needs.
Some great resources on bipolar disorder include:
- National Institute of Mental Health : discusses the treatment, causes and symptoms of bi-polar disorder.
- Bipolar Disorder : focuses on the care for people of all ages with this disorder.
- Bipolar Open Directory : gives resources on bipolar disorder including support groups.
- BP Magazine : magazine devoted to bipolar disorder, offers tips and personal accounts from people living with the problem.
- BBC Health : includes a number of personal accounts on people living with the disorder, including a documentary on their daily lives.
- Bipolar Disorder at About : discusses the treatment and prognosis of the disease.
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance : support group devoted to those with one of these two mental health problems.
- Bipolar Glossary : offers definitions were words and phrases commonly used in regards to bipolar disorder.
- Bipolar (Manic Depressive) Disorder : gives resources relating to the problem.
- Screening for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder : lists the test and questions commonly used to screen for bipolar type disorders.
- Schizophrenia Bipolar Facts : provides facts relating to individuals with both mental health problems.
- Bi-Polar Information : offers different facts on the disorder such as the risk factors and symptoms.
- Bipolar Connect : allows those with the problems to ask questions from healthcare experts and talk with other sufferers.
- Yahoo! Health : discussion group devoted to bipolar disorder.
- Bipolar Central : offers stories, news and information on diseases related to bipolar disorder.
- Bipolar Disorder : provides information for those diagnosed with the illness, including treating and managing the problem at home.
- Diagnosed with Bipolar : lists treatment options for an individual following their initial diagnosis.
- Treatment for Bipolar Disorder : offers an overview of the treatment options available.
- Bipolar Disorder - Symptoms : gives a brief guide to the symptoms of the disorder.
- Bipolar Disorder (Manic Depression) : looks at the symptoms, treatment and prevention of the disorder.
- Bipolar Disorder and Genetics : an interesting study on genetics and bipolar disorder, from one of the better medical and nursing schools in the country.
- Bipolar Disorder and Depression Discussion Group : offers a place for those diagnosed to discuss issues about the disorder.
- Bipolar Disorder Health Center : provides general information on the disorder from medical professionals.
- Bipolar World : offers general information on the disease such as symptoms and treatment.
- Bipolar Talk : gives news and personal stories from those with the disorder.
- Life Love and Bipolar : covers topics relating to bipolar and daily life, with an emphasis on relationships.
Those diagnosed with bipolar disorder often go onto lead happy and healthy lives. The only way they do it though is by learning more about the disorder and finding ways to cope with their situation.