Veterinary Technician Programs
Regardless of which veterinary tech specialty you choose, you may need to have a love for animals, basic math and analytical skills, the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and potentially grueling environment, and the capability to communicate effectively with pet owners.
Veterinary technicians may work at a private practice, under the guidance of a licensed veterinarian. Technicians may help gather medical histories, collect blood, tissue, or other specimens that might be helpful in diagnosing the patient, and assist in medical or surgical procedures.
A slightly smaller percentage of veterinary technicians may also work at research facilities to learn more about the care and treatment of animals, or to conduct other animal-related research projects.
Employment Prospects for Vet Techs
Vet tech jobs are expected to grow by 52% by 2020 according to Bureau of Labor Statistics. The growth is much faster than average with the lowest 10 percent earning less than $20,500, and the top 10 percent earning more than $44,030.
List of Veterinary Schools in
Showing schools in your area
- Offers a program that translates work and military experience into college credit, transfers in credit from other college programs, and offers the flexibility of day, evening and online coursework.
- Provides in-person tutoring, IT support, access to library resources, and job placement assistant for graduates.
- Features a new blended-learning curriculum, which involves a mix of campus and online courses.
- Has 11 campuses across Southern California, Washington, and Alaska, and online courses with campus support.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Accelerated Programs
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- A private, accredited distance learning college based in Norcross, Georgia founded in 1987.
- Ensures that service members, their spouses and veterans can maximize their military education benefits.
- Gives students the option to customize monthly payments to fit their budgets and lifestyle.
- Offers all-inclusive tuition: textbooks, learning materials, and academic support are covered in the cost.
- Allows alumni to enroll in any future program at a reduced rate.
- Online Courses