Arizona Veterinary Technician Schools.
Veterinary technician programs in Arizona teach students how to provide medical care to animals and assist veterinarians. Vet techs, as they are commonly known as, do most everything a veterinarian can do expect perform surgery, prescribing medication and making official diagnoses. Most programs award two-year associate’s degrees. Common courses include animal anatomy and physiology, animal diseases, large and small animal care, parasitology, and animal nutrition. Students should only enroll in programs accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association. The majority of programs have internships near that allow the student to work in a veterinary clinic putting to use the skills they learned in the classroom.
List of Veterinary Schools in Arizona
Showing schools in your area
- Earn your AVMA-CVTEA fully accredited Veterinary Technician Associate Degree online from Penn Foster College.
- Graduates of our vet tech program will be eligible to take the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE) in order to be credentialed as a licensed veterinary technician.
- At only $85 per credit with low monthly payment plans and 0% interest, our vet tech program is one of the most affordable programs in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s award-winning Veterinary Academy Team includes licensed veterinarians and credentialed veterinary technicians with over 100+ years of experience teaching vet tech students.
- Over 160 students graduated from Penn Foster College’s Vet Tech program in 2016, more than any other program in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s 24/7, on-demand learning platform is easy to use – at home or on the go – and you decide when to start and take your classes.
- Online Courses
- Averett University is a top-ranked, fully-accredited institution that offers students over 30 undergraduate majors, minors and special programs, and 5 master's programs.
- Accelerated programs designed for convenience: choose from weekly evening courses at one of Averett's Virginia locations or study online and on your own time.
- Averett University was named one of Virginia’s top colleges for return on investment, and their average scholarship package lowers the cost of attendance further by almost 40%.
- Averett offers students learning experiences that mirror real-life situations. This means you can put today's lesson to the test during tomorrow’s workday.
- Averett University's 12:1 student-professor ratio makes your education a collaborative endeavor based on close relationships between students and faculty.
- Online Courses