California Veterinary Technician Schools.
Veterinary technician programs in California offer postsecondary education for people interested in working with animals. Vet techs get to work directly with animals much like veterinarians without having to attend school for several years. Vet tech programs in California are typically two-year associate’s degree programs. Vet techs perform much of the same work as vets expect for prescribing medicine, performing surgeries, and making official diagnoses. Students should expect to do a lot of hands-on learning in class and in a medical laboratory. Most programs have an internship component that allows students to work in a veterinary clinic where they gain invaluable experience.
Showing schools in your area
- Earn your AVMA-CVTEA fully accredited Veterinary Technician Associate Degree online from Penn Foster College.
- Graduates of our vet tech program will be eligible to take the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE) in order to be credentialed as a licensed veterinary technician.
- At only $79 per credit with low monthly payment plans and 0% interest, our vet tech program is one of the most affordable programs in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s award-winning Veterinary Academy Team includes licensed veterinarians and credentialed veterinary technicians with over 100+ years of experience teaching vet tech students.
- Over 160 students graduated from Penn Foster College’s Vet Tech program in 2016, more than any other program in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s 24/7, on-demand learning platform is easy to use – at home or on the go – and you decide when to start and take your classes.
- Online Courses
- Offers a program that translates work and military experience into college credit, transfers in credit from other college programs, and offers the flexibility of day, evening and online coursework.
- Provides in-person tutoring, IT support, access to library resources, and job placement assistant for graduates.
- Features a new blended-learning curriculum, which involves a mix of campus and online courses.
- Has 11 campuses across Southern California, Washington, and Alaska, and online courses with campus support.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Accelerated Programs
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits