Illinois Veterinary Technician Schools.
Are you interested in studying at one of the veterinary technician programs in Illinois? If you have good people skills, are interested in science, and enjoy being around animals, these programs could help you prepare for a career that makes the most of your skills and has a very positive job growth outlook. The coursework for a two-year associates’ degree in this area includes anesthesiology, diagnostic procedures, surgical assisting techniques, animal medicine for large and small animals, medical terminology, pharmacology and hematology for veterinary medicine, animal diseases, and veterinary lab procedures. Veterinary technicians must also pass a state examination to be fully certified in their profession.
Showing schools in your area
- Earn your AVMA-CVTEA fully accredited Veterinary Technician Associate Degree online from Penn Foster College.
- Graduates of our vet tech program will be eligible to take the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE) in order to be credentialed as a licensed veterinary technician.
- At only $79 per credit with low monthly payment plans and 0% interest, our vet tech program is one of the most affordable programs in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s award-winning Veterinary Academy Team includes licensed veterinarians and credentialed veterinary technicians with over 100+ years of experience teaching vet tech students.
- Over 160 students graduated from Penn Foster College’s Vet Tech program in 2016, more than any other program in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s 24/7, on-demand learning platform is easy to use – at home or on the go – and you decide when to start and take your classes.
- Online Courses