Indiana Veterinary Technician Schools.
At veterinary technician programs in Indiana, you can learn the skills you need to assist a veterinarian in caring for sick or injured animals. Coursework in this field - usually a two-year program that awards an associate’s degree - encompasses many areas of veterinary practice and science. This includes medical terminology, veterinary lab procedures, veterinary diseases, microbiology, diagnostic techniques, veterinary pharmacology, and animal care. Job prospects for trained and qualified vet techs are very good. The Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics forecasts a 36 % increase in job growth by 2018. To meet the qualifications for this job, vet techs must first complete an accredited training program and pass a state examination.
Showing schools in your area
- Earn your AVMA-CVTEA fully accredited Veterinary Technician Associate Degree online from Penn Foster College.
- Graduates of our vet tech program will be eligible to take the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE) in order to be credentialed as a licensed veterinary technician.
- At only $85 per credit with low monthly payment plans and 0% interest, our vet tech program is one of the most affordable programs in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s award-winning Veterinary Academy Team includes licensed veterinarians and credentialed veterinary technicians with over 100+ years of experience teaching vet tech students.
- Over 160 students graduated from Penn Foster College’s Vet Tech program in 2016, more than any other program in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s 24/7, on-demand learning platform is easy to use – at home or on the go – and you decide when to start and take your classes.
- Online Courses
- Averett University is a top-ranked, fully-accredited institution that offers students over 30 undergraduate majors, minors and special programs, and 5 master's programs.
- Accelerated programs designed for convenience: choose from weekly evening courses at one of Averett's Virginia locations or study online and on your own time.
- Averett University was named one of Virginia’s top colleges for return on investment, and their average scholarship package lowers the cost of attendance further by almost 40%.
- Averett offers students learning experiences that mirror real-life situations. This means you can put today's lesson to the test during tomorrow’s workday.
- Averett University's 12:1 student-professor ratio makes your education a collaborative endeavor based on close relationships between students and faculty.
- Online Courses