South Dakota Veterinary Technician Schools.
What can you do with a diploma or an associate’s degree from one of the accredited veterinary technician programs listed on this page? You can use it as a starting point for a new career in animal medicine and care. Job openings for veterinary technicians are expected to be very favorable over the next few years. These programs give you the educational framework to become a competent member of a veterinary’s staff. Vet techs may assist during surgery, help with routine office visits, or care for the animals before or after procedures. The coursework will vary based on which program you choose, but expect to see classes like animal medicine, animal care, veterinary pharmacology, and lab procedures.
Showing schools in your area
- Earn your AVMA-CVTEA fully accredited Veterinary Technician Associate Degree online from Penn Foster College.
- Graduates of our vet tech program will be eligible to take the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE) in order to be credentialed as a licensed veterinary technician.
- At only $79 per credit with low monthly payment plans and 0% interest, our vet tech program is one of the most affordable programs in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s award-winning Veterinary Academy Team includes licensed veterinarians and credentialed veterinary technicians with over 100+ years of experience teaching vet tech students.
- Over 160 students graduated from Penn Foster College’s Vet Tech program in 2016, more than any other program in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s 24/7, on-demand learning platform is easy to use – at home or on the go – and you decide when to start and take your classes.
- Online Courses